[Mailman-Users] Question regarding SPAM

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 28 02:33:55 CEST 2012

Futchko, Rose wrote:

>Hi, I have a question about SPAM being sent via Mailman.
>
>1. Even though the message is marked as SPAM it is still sent to the
>list

Marked by what?

You could use the list's Privacy options... -> Spam filters ->
header_filter_rules to hold or discard such messages. It is not a good
idea to reject them as the sender is likely spoofed so the rejection
is just backscatter.

>2. The sender is not a member of the moderated list

Then how did the post reach the list? What is the list's Privacy
options... -> Sender filters -> generic_nonmember_action setting?

[...]
>4. Have I mis-configured something in the Mailman to allow this to
>happen (It happens often)

See 2. above?