[Mailman-Users] Automate Moderator Functions

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Mon Sep 24 14:59:58 CEST 2012

On 9/24/2012 8:50 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> I've seen various queries on this but nothing definitive about it being
> added as a feature or even a customizable mod. There are certain
> moderator actions that potentially could be automated. For example, I
> would never approve a posting from a non-member of a restricted list. It
> would make my moderator duties much easier if I could have mailman
> automatically reject or discard such posts. The same might be true for
> exceeding the size limit. Is this something that has been considered and
> rejected as a feature or is it something that is doable now that I have
> just not been able to find? TIA.
Hi Dennis:

In regards to non-members, you can adjust the following setting to
discard on the Privacy options --> Sender Filters page:

"Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit
action is defined."

As for the message-size exceeded messages, you can just leave them in
the moderation queue and just adjust the following General Options page
setting to something that would work for you:

"Discard held messages older than this number of days. Use 0 for no
automatic discarding."

Someone else may have a better suggestion.

*Brian Carpenter
*EMWD.com

T: 336-755-0685
E: brian at emwd.com