[Mailman-Users] Message posting and re-enabling membership

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 21 17:11:18 CEST 2012

Futchko, Rose wrote:

>Understood regarding the discard. In addition, I understand the intent
>of the first message as relating to the held message.  Therefore, should
>the user who posted the message expect to receive a confirmation email
>once the post is approved for distribution?

If the user is a list member, once the post is approved, the user
should receive the post from the list and/or an acknowledgment from
the list depending on the user's options. There is no separate notice
to the user.

Also, if the user is not a list member, she doesn't get anything, so
yes, the message is misleading in this case, and if it is important
for the non-member poster to know that the post was accepted, the
moderator needs to manually send a notice.