[Mailman-Users] Unable to approve messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Sep 10 04:31:54 CEST 2012

Alex TW LAM wrote:

>The help command seemed to get to mailman.
>
>    Sep 10 09:21:40 app1 sendmail[25224]: q8A1LdEP025222:
>    to="|/var/mailman/mail/mailman request testlist",
>    ctladdr=<testlist-request at hostname.com> (8/0), delay=00:00:01,
>    xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, pri=31165, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

How does that compare with a list post, i.e., mail to
testlist at hostname.com?

That log message looks wrong to me. Clearly, there is an alias involved
like

testlist-request: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman request testlist"

and I am not familiar with sendmail logs so it may be just fine. Does a
post that works show "mailer=prog"?

What happened to that mail? Did the sender receive a reply?