[Mailman-Users] Unable to approve messages

Alex TW LAM alex_tw_lam at hkpo.gov.hk
Fri Sep 7 09:05:26 CEST 2012

Dear All,

We have a mailman system setup a long time ago, it requires approval for
any messages posted on the mailing list.

Starting recently, the moderator of list no longer able approve newly
posted message, they are still able to receive the "waiting for
approval" message, which I suppose means the wrapper script in aliases
file works.

But after they entered "Approved <mod pw>" in the first line of the
confirm mail (email command). Nothing would happened, list members would
not receive posted, nor would the moderator received "Confirmation
succeeded" message.

I have tried all the method, at first I suspected it was the group
settings problem. But then I realize if this is the case the "waiting
for approval" would not have been sent.

The "confirm and approve" email command originally worked, but just
suddenly stopped working. The Any one have ideas?

Regards,
Alex Lam