[Mailman-Users] mailan and postfix config problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Oct 31 03:32:49 CET 2012

soportek wrote:

>relevant parts of my mailman mm_cfg.py look like this
>  MTA = 'Postfix'
>  DEB_LISTMASTER = 'postmaster at somedomain.org'
>  POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAIN = ['lists.somedomain.org']

That should be

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.somedomain.org']

>and the relevant parts of my postfix main.cf look like this
>
>  local_recipient_maps   = $alias_maps, proxy:unix:passwd.byname
>  alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
>  alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
>  virtual_alias_domains = lists.somedomain.org
>  virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
>hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
>  relay_domains = localhost
>
>If I create a new list in the lists.somedomain.org domain I receive
>confirmation from the list but writing to the list results in "
>Recipient address rejected" from postfix.

What is the exact Postfix log message?

>/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases is being written but
>/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman is not being updated by Mailman.

Which is probably the entire issue and is because
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS is misspelled.

On the other hand, what are your Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py settings for
DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and if these are set in
mm_cfg.py, are the settings followed by

and have you run fix_url?