[Mailman-Users] mailan and postfix config problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 29 19:36:10 CET 2012

soportek wrote:

[...]
>I know this is postfix related but I am follwing the postfix config
>INSTALL instructions from /var/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py
[...]
>I have also read these guides which provide more or less identical
>instructions.
>http://wiki.debian.org/Postfix#Mailman_with_Postfix
>http://library.linode.com/email/mailman/debian-6-squeeze
>
>The relevant section of my /etc/postfix/main.cf looks like this
>
>  alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
>  alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
>  virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
>  local_recipient_maps   = $alias_maps, proxy:unix:passwd.byname
>
>  relay_domains = $mydestination, lists.somedomain.org
>  relay_recipient_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
>  transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
>  mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>

>Something I find odd is that with the above config is that when I create
>a new list nothing is being written to the file:
>  /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

First see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD>.

Then see the results of this Google search
<http://www.google.com/search?q=site:mail.python.org+inurl%3Amailman-users+%22postfix_to_mailman.py%22>;
in particular see
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-September/074017.html>

postfix_to_mailman.py is a third-party package which is not distributed
by the GNU Mailman project, nor is it officially supported by the GNU
Mailman project. It is an alternative to and incompatible with
delivery to mailman via aliases and virtual alias maps.