[Mailman-Users] Too many recipients

Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes rodrigoantunes at pelotas.ifsul.edu.br
Tue Oct 23 22:21:16 CEST 2012

Citando Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-mailman at fmp.com>:
> On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 13:46 -0200, Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes wrote:
> > Any ideas?
>   The behavior of Mailman with respect to the number of recipients
>   specified in any single SMTP transaction is controlled by
>   SMTP_MAX_RCPTS, which should be less than the max number of recipients
>   allowed by the SMTP server for any single transaction.  If your setting
>   up this loop to stress-test your installation, set SMTP_MAX_RCPTS in
>   mm_cfg.py to a small enough number to pass muster with the contas SMTP
>   server.
>
>   --
>   Lindsay Haisley       |  "Humor will get you through times of no humor
>   FMP Computer Services |      better than no humor will get you through
>   512-259-1190          |         times of humor."
> http://www.fmp.com    |            - Butch Hancock

I didn't set any loop, the list's e-mail obviously isn't a list member,
what I said is that when you want to send and email to the list you put
the list's email in the "To:" field and that's the only recipient when I'm
sending e-mail, I'm not putting more recipients in "to:" field wich could
burst the limit of max_num_recipients if this limit was set.

I've set SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to 250 in mailman and smtpd_recipient_limit to 300
in postfix and I'm still getting these errors.