[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domain Hosting

P.V.Anthony pvantony at singnet.com.sg
Thu Oct 11 09:23:14 CEST 2012

On 08/10/2012 11:44, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> David Dodell wrote:
>>
>> Do I need to do something in postfix to get mailman to recognize these when the mailman list is virtual?
>
> See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html>.

When to the link above and found the following paragraph.

------------- start --------------------
Note: This section describes how to integrate Mailman with Postfix for
automatic generation of Postfix virtual_alias_maps for Mailman list
addresses. Mailman's support of virtual domains is limited in that list
names must be globally unique within a single Mailman instance, i.e.,
two lists may not have the same name even if they are in different domains.

Is this true for all versions of mailman?

So there is no way to have mailling list called support at example.com and
support at example_two.com on the same server.

Is there some work around?

P.V.Anthony