[Mailman-Users] GNU Mailman, admins and passwords

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 9 03:37:57 CEST 2012

On 10/8/2012 7:45 AM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> in-line :-
>
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>>
>> Then you should read the list archives on the web to see your post and
>> any replies. Some people Cc the poster routinely for various reasons,
>> and some do not, but you don't need to ask people do do things they
>> wouldn't ordinarily do when there is a simple alternative.
>
> Hi all,
> Thank you first of all Mark for taking time to answer my queries. I do
> note your point but my experience has been the above works (most of
> the time) . It is a compromise but then we all have only so much time
> that can be used between competing interests and I found out that the
> above  works for me.

Do you understand what I'm saying above?

I am not saying that you should not set your subscription to "no mail".
I am saying that if you make this choice, you should not place the
burden of this choice upon others by asking them to Cc you on replies.
You should assume the burden of this choice yourself by reading replies
in the list's archives.