[Mailman-Users] Upgrade from 2.1.14-1 to 2.1.15 - Authorization failed.

Patrick tengai650 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 01:34:49 CEST 2012

Hello,

I’m in the process of upgrading a mailman 2.1.14-1 installation to a
2.1.15 installation.

Basically I have a 2.1.14 and 2.1.15 in their own folders and created
a symbolic link to name ‘mailman’ when switching between the two.

In addition I’ve centralized my ‘archives’ and ‘lists’ folders and
have symbolic links in the 2.1.14 and 2.1.15 folders to share these
folders.

When I attempt to login to a private list using 2.1.14 I’m able to get
to the list with my password.

However, if I switch over to 2.1.15 I get an “Authorization failed.” error.

Interestingly on my test machine I have an identical configuration,
just the host name is different. And switch between 2.1.14 & 2.1.15 do
not get the “Authorization failed.” error.

Anyone have any idea in what I might check to resolve this error with
the password?

thanks,

Patrick