[Mailman-Users] include eml files in archive

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 5 17:30:00 CEST 2012

jdanield wrote:

>Is there a way to add this to the mailman archives?
>(at least as html pages, I could insert manually)?

Did you also lose the archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox
file, or did you perhaps lose archives by having turned off archiving?

If your archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox file is complete,
you could just rebuild the archive with Mailman's "bin/arch --wipe
LISTNAME".

Otherwise, you could concatenate the .eml files, adding "From "
separators to make an mbox format file and process that with "bin/arch
LISTNAME /path/to/mbox/file" to add the messages to the archive.