[Mailman-Users] sitemap.xml for Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 25 00:25:59 CET 2012

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> I wrote a simple bash script which generates a sitemap.xml file (i.e. to
> be submitted to Google):
>
> http://blog.wpkg.org/2012/11/21/sitemap-xml-for-mailman/

I was inspired by your script to add a -p / --public-archive option to
Mailman's bin/list_lists so that if one wanted to process just those
lists with public archives, one can put

LISTS=`/path/to/mailman/bin/list_lists --bare --public-archive`

in the appropriate place to do that. Of course, one could have done

LISTS=`ls $MAILMANPATH/../public|grep -v "\\.mbox$"`

to accomplish essentially the same thing, but since list_lists already
had a -a / --advertised option, this seemed a good addition.

See <https://launchpad.net/bugs/1082711> and
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1369>
for a bug report and patch.

Also, I think the bash script would make a good addition to the contrib
directory for Mailman 2.1.16. May I add it there?