[Mailman-Users] Automated Subscription Bots Inundating ListOwners With Subscription Requests

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 25 00:11:19 CET 2012

Mark Sapiro wrote at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-November/074415.html>:

> I have implemented a simple version of what I think you requested in
> your post at
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-October/074287.html>.
>
> It is implemented by the attached patch against Mailman 2.1.15.

I have augmented that patch with a timestamp and it now also checks that
the hash is no older than mm_cfg.FORM_LIFETIME. See
<https://launchpad.net/bugs/1082746> and
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1371>
for a bug report and the patch which will be released with Mailman 2.1.16.