[Mailman-Users] monthly archive

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:27:05 CET 2012

When I visit the archive for my first list, alpha, it says:

  No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the archives are
currently empty. You can get more information about this list.

However, I subscribed thufir at dur.bounceme.com, receive the e-mail
locally, clicked the link, sent a first post, received a copy to
thufir at dur.bounceme.net.  The list itself seems to work fine.

I've reviewed the list settings through the web UI and it says to
archive monthly.  Do I need to wait a month before that first post shows
in the archive?

Also, where are the settings for a list stored?  I browse to something like:

http://dur.bounceme.net/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/alpha/?VARHELP=archive/archive_volume_frequency

but I'm not sure where the config file for that setting for this mailing
list actually resides.

Do I need to "run" mailman to create the archive?  Can I directly access
the archive files and list config files without the web UI?

thanks,

Thufir