[Mailman-Users] Mailman continues to deliver to deleted list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 8 05:08:52 CET 2012

On 11/7/2012 10:06 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Since I both deleted the list and emptied the postfix queue, I'm still
> mystified as to why it didn't empty out immediately though.

If you delete a list and Mailman's OutgoingRunner is processing a
message for that list, as long as the runner is still running, it will
continue to process that one message until all recipients have been
delivered to the MTA. The only way to stop that is to SIGKILL the runner.

If you are referring to additional message entries in qfiles/out/, those
will be processed in sequence by OutgoingRunner, but nothing will be
delivered from them because the runner will determine that the list is
gone and just log the fact and move the queue entry to qfiles/shunt/.

If neither of the above explains your observation, then I don't know (at
least without more information) what was going on.