[Mailman-Users] suppress duplicate when posting addressed to listand its alias name

Sahil Tandon sahil+mailman at tandon.net
Tue Nov 6 06:20:41 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 16:51:21 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> It would be possible to implement a per-list database of processed
> message-ids with a custom handler very early in the pipeline, and
> discard duplicates there. See <http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9>.

Thanks Mark, this seems like the ideal approach.  I'll try to hack
something together borrowing from the various handlers (namely
AvoidDuplicates.py) that are already in use.  If I can understand how
Mailman keeps the in-memory dictionary of Message-IDs mentioned in
AvoidDuplicates.py, and implement an analogue for our use-case, that
would do it.  The goal is to check whether a tuple of (message-id,
listname) already exists in the dict and, if it does, raise
Errors.DiscardMessage; otherwise, add the tuple to the dict and do
nothing.

--
Sahil Tandon