[Mailman-Users] Delete all members with nomail[B]

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 5 03:51:44 CET 2012

On 11/4/2012 6:22 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> However, if it was non-zero at
>> the time of the first recorded bounce, that is the value that was
>> saved for that user at that time and subsequent changes to
>> bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings have no effect for that user.
>
> Ok, that's probably what happened.  So if I wait a couple weeks, these
> users should all gradually go away.

Assuming cron/disabled is being run, yes, that is the case.

> I will keep your withlist script around in case I want to delete users
> who are voluntarily nomail.  We have quite a few users who go nomail,
> and then forget they ever subscribed ...

You'd need to change MemberAdaptor.BYBOUNCE in that script to
MemberAdaptor.BYUSER to delete members who set themselves to nomail.

However, it occurs to me that there is a better way than my possibly
error prone withlist method. Consider

cd to Mailman's bin directory
./list_members -n bybounce LISTNAME | ./remove_members -f - LISTNAME

or

./list_members -n byuser LISTNAME | ./remove_members -f - LISTNAME