[Mailman-Users] error message while adding members

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Nov 3 15:52:56 CET 2012

Amit Bhatt wrote:

>I am unable to add or subscribe any member using mass subscription option under membership management of my mailing list. I am facing the below error since yesterday:
>
>Error: The form lifetime has expired. (request forgery check)

This message comes from the new in 2.1.15 CSRF mitigation features.

When did you upgrade to 2.1.15?

Have you set a value for FORM_LIFETIME in mm_cfg.py? If so, what? (The
default setting in Defaults.py is 1 hour.)

What the message is telling you is that the mass subscribe form you are
submitting was retrieved from the host longer than FORM_LIFETIME
before it was submitted. If this is not the case, there is some issue
in your web server. Perhaps the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/ioA9>
is applicable.