[Mailman-Users] User Passwords - Mass Subscribe/Mass Change

Drew Tenenholz drew.tenenholz at isid.org
Tue May 29 23:23:11 CEST 2012

All --

Sorry if this has been answered before, I don't have the time to go through the archives at the moment.

Mailman 2.1.9/Red Hat Linux

When migrating tens of thousands of users form an ancient Majordomo system to a new Mailman system, can I set the users' passwords when I upload their addresses from a text file?

Can I change the automatically created passwords?

We have a pretty slick PHP-driven site to manage subscriptions to about 10-15 lists, and I always set the user's password for them, so they don't have to deal with it.  They like it, and I like it.  This works fine for individual subscription requests, as the email command I send on their behalf includes a unitary password.

Can I achieve the same result as I mass subscribe them?

-- Drew Tenenholz