[Mailman-Users] Uninstall mailman manually

Frank Walter francwalter at gmx.net
Wed May 23 22:15:13 CEST 2012

Hello
I made some mistake I think.
I installed mailman on Ubuntu 12.04 by Aptitude and copied an older version over it because I wanted to keep mailing lists from another server.
After this mailman didn't start anymore but in aptitude I couldn't uninstall it neither.
Now I hope that I can uninstall it by deleting the two mailman folders and the config in /etc/mailman -
is this the right way?
I am at a point that I prefer to create new the only needed mailing list (about 30 addresses only and the archive is not important) rather than spending hours with error seeking without result.
If only I get it fresh installed...

Help appreciated :)

Frank