[Mailman-Users] Mailman/Htdig integration

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Thu May 17 23:52:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

Following comments on this list over the last few days I thought I would try out Mailman/Htdig integration on my setup.  I tried this on a sandbox VM I have here and everything seemed to go well, I did have to change some of the values for the URLs etc as I don't use the /mailman path in the URLs.  Everything worked in test so I pushed the changes out to the production system.

I did the following to enable:

Set the Htdig integration to enabled in mm_cfg.py
Run the arch command on the lists to generate the relevant pages with the search links at the top.
Run the nightly_htdig script to generate the search indexes.

Everything works fine, but if someone posts to a list it appears that the archive page gets re-generated without the search box at the top.  I feel I have missed something blindingly obvious and I am going to kick myself when I find out what it is but at the moment I am still searching!

Here is the relevant part of mm_cfg.py:
USE_HTDIG = 1
HTDIG_FILES_URL = '/htdigimages/'
HTDIG_HTSEARCH_PATH = '/usr/lib/cgi-bin/htsearch'
HTDIG_RUNDIG_PATH = '/usr/bin/rundig'

Any suggestions greatfully received.
Thanks.
Andrew.