[Mailman-Users] Ubuntu release of Mailman

David dave at fiteyes.com
Wed May 16 00:02:07 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Geoff Shang <geoff at quitelikely.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to make the case for considering the Debian etc Mailman instead
> of rolling your own.
>
> I've done several Mailman installs under Debian and Ubuntu and have had
> minimal problems.

I can't claim a lot of experience, but I did install Mailman on at least 3
Ubuntu servers recently and on the basis of that limited experience, I
agree with you. In Ubuntu 12.04 installing the Mailman deb package was very
straightforward and is working without any problems (after I ran
bin/check_perms and manually fixed anything the script didn't fix).