[Mailman-Users] Dumb Me Tried to Update Mandriva (Again)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 3 01:44:23 CEST 2012

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>I seem to recall seeing this problem before but I can't find it in any
>of my archives.
>
>[Wed May 02 13:14:20 2012] [error] [client 74.176.153.13] script not
>found or unable to stat: /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/admin.cgi.cgi,
>referer: https://dap002.dyndns-ip.com/mailman/admin
>
>Obviously the double cgi extension is the problem.

What is the setting for CGIEXT in mm_cfg.py? If there's nothing there,
look in Defaults.py, but the default should be

CGIEXT = ''

If your cgi wrappers are actually named with a .cgi extension, CGIEXT
should be set to '.cgi', otherwise it should be the default null.

It is not at all clear to me why this fails with the admin CGI and not
with listinfo. If there is anything in the web server that rewrites
these, it shouldn't be doing that.