[Mailman-Users] The mailman has "log" of moderated messages?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 1 19:06:22 CEST 2012

madsonra at dcc.ufba.br wrote:

>excuse me I'm not very good with English. I wonder if the mailman
>stores "log" about moderation. Exactly I want to find out which
>moderator approved some messages that were sent to the list.

Mailman logs moderator actions in Mailman's 'vette' log, but Mailman
doesn't know which moderator took the action since all use the same
authentication.

You need to correlate the time stamps in the vette log with the MTA
logs (for emal approval) or the web server logs (for web approval).
This can usually get you at least an IP address for the moderator.