[Mailman-Users] Mailman stuck : mailmanctl dead with messages in /qfiles/in

Jérôme jerome at jolimont.fr
Tue May 1 14:16:49 CEST 2012

Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:14:48 -0700
Mark Sapiro a écrit:

> So here in addition to the normal SIGHUPs, presumably from logrotate,
> you also have SIGTERMs possibly from a "bin/mailmanctl stop" although
> you don't show a "Master watcher caught SIGTERM" entry.
>
> Check your system cron log to see what was running at the time.

cron log was not enabled...

I enabled it and relaunched mailman. I hope next time, the cron log will show
something useful.

> No. That isn't relevant to this issue. Apparently, something reversed
> the patch on April 22 which is just as well.

In fact, the patch is still applied. I see the line
self.__conn.set_debuglevel(1)
in
/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py

Anyway. It seems to be working again.

> The curious thing is you are rotating logs weekly, but "reopening" them
> daily. Either this is two different processes or your logrotate script
> is a bit strange.

I'll try to figure that out.

> > I configured mailman 3 years ago. I don't remember everything but it comes
> > from here :
> > http://isp-control.net/documentation/howto/mail/setup_mailman

[...]

> No, because the howto you followed had you create
> Mailman/MTA/localPostfix.py (or LocalPostfix.py), but how was I supposed
> to know that?
>
> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD>.

Right. Sorry about that. I did that config 3 years ago and I don't remember
much... Basically I wanted to mention I was using postfix.

Thank you for your help.

I'll come back here if I have more.

--
Jérôme