[Mailman-Users] Batch Add/Remove Users via Mail

William Yardley mailman at veggiechinese.net
Fri Mar 30 19:46:07 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:51:54PM +0200, Leo Hackstein wrote:
> On 27/03/2012 21:19, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > See the latter portion of the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/uIA9>.

> Thank you very much, haven't seen that before. Using wget sounds a bit
> counterintuitive, but it seems to work.

You can do it directly in Perl or Python (or whatever) using modules
designed for this (LWP or WWW::Mechanize in Perl, for example). I don't
know if there existing tools to do this, but there should be plenty of
example code to do similar things.

I know you said that the tool won't run on the same system as Mailman,
but if you can open up the database that the list addresses come from
and run the script there, this probably would make your life easier. I
wrote something in Python recently to sync between LDAP and Mailman, but
I do run it on one of the machines that's hooked into our Mailman
infrastructure.