[Mailman-Users] Problem creating mailing lists via webinterfacein2.1.11

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 29 02:28:25 CEST 2012

Steve Matzura wrote:

>When creating the list admin at theglobalvoice.info, "unknown virtual
>host" is the error, but some way, somehow, the list gets partially
>created.

How do you know this? Is the list visible in the web UI? In
bin/list_lists?

>If I send a message to that partially created list, Mailman sends back
>a message of undeliverability with this error text:
>
>Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 <admin at theglobalvoice.info>: Recipient
>address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
>
>I looked in postfix.cf and discovered the virtual host name is really
>patronus.theglobalvoice.info, which may have something to do with why
>the Web create doesn't work, but 'newlist' does.

It may, but I can't say with the information I have. I'd need to see
'postconf -n' but I don't think that's necessary. I think the issue is
the aliases were never created because of the error in the create CGI.

Do you have

add_virtualhost('www.theglobalvoice.info', 'theglobalvoice.info')

or perhaps the equivalent

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.theglobalvoice.info'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'theglobalvoice.info'

followed by

in mm_cfg.py.

Please answer this specific question and also the other specific
questions I asked in my reply at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-March/073113.html>.