[Mailman-Users] Lists created via web admin seem to beentirelyseparate from lists created from command line

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Wed Mar 14 02:40:04 CET 2012

> Web create is apparently creating lists because it either creates the
> list or returns an error. If it succeeds, the list's
> lists/LISTNAME/config.pck file is created somewhere.

You know the great thing about the Internet is that when you do
something dumb, you get to share it with lots of other people, and have
them join you in running in the circles you created. You cracked the
code. I was hitting an entirely different web server. I set up Mailman
and Postfix on my wife's Mac originally, and before I got the two
working together I decided to host them on my Ubuntu system instead. I
have two NAT'd ports for web access, going to the Mac and the Ubuntu
system, and guess which one I was hitting until now. When I go to the
right port, I see all the lists and users I created previously.

Sorry for the error, but at least I learned some things about
Mailman-Postfix interop. And I appreciate your help.

-Mark