[Mailman-Users] Newer postfix: unused parameter:mailman_destination_recipient_limit=1

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 10 07:10:00 CET 2012

Larry Stone wrote:

>On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, Tanstaafl wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any idea why? Am I indeed not using it? I'd rather not just
>> comment it out and test without some confirmation first, since this is a
>> production box.
>
>transport_destination_recipient_limit is a Postfix parameter that is
>specific to the named transport. If you don't have a transport named
>mailman, then mailman_transport_destination_recipient is indeed unused.

And in case you're wondering why this may have gotten put there, if you
are using (the officially unsupported) postfix_to_mailman.py as a
'mailman' transport, that transport doesn't handle a single message
with more than one list recipient (i.e. a post addressed to multiple
lists) unless it is delivered to the transport separately for each
list. Thus the requirement in that case for
mailman_destination_recipient_limit=1.