[Mailman-Users] iPhone App for moderating mails

Thu Mar 8 13:55:52 CET 2012

On 3/8/12 6:00 AM, Manuel Weiel wrote:
> Am 08.03.2012 um 05:36 schrieb Richard Damon:
>
>> On 3/7/12 9:45 PM, Manuel Weiel wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've once again updated iMailModerate.
>>> It now allows adding and removing subscribers and it fixes some small issues.
>>>
>>> So if you do not own it yet, get it here:
>>> http://cl.ly/DyCl
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Manuel Weiel
>>>
>>> Am 23.02.2012 um 21:05 schrieb Manuel Weiel:
>>>
>> One small problem with the adding/removing subscribers, once the list
>> gets big enough that Mailman splits into pages, the program only gives
>> you access to the first page.
> That is good to know. I did not run into that. The biggest mailing list I tested iMailModerate with has about ~400 subscribers. It did not split up. How much subscribers do I need? Which version of Mailman are you using?
>> Btw, the support link in the apps store takes me a to a German site,
>> which I can't figure out how to get to a page for iMM (might help if I
>> knew German which I don't).
> I'm working on providing a international webpage for iMailModerate. The current one is more like a placeholder.
>
> Thanks for your feedback. I will do my best to make iMailModerate better.
>
> Manuel Weiel

I believe the break-point is a configuration option inside mailman, my
mailing list is on a shared host provider, and that option isn't
available to me. I am running version 2.1.9 (I know it is ancient, but
that is what they provide and I think it is "current" for the distro
they are running).

I do enjoy the app, while it doesn't provide any major features I can't
do via the web interface (makes sense since it uses the web interface),
it does make many of the actions much more convenient, especially on the
limited screen size of a mobile device.

--
Richard Damon