[Mailman-Users] Using with a database and *without* a webserver

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Jun 29 22:29:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've been contracted to do a Mailman setup for a company that wants to set
up a newsletter-type list.  They'd like to use a database for the back-end
and to hide as much of Mailman's internals as possible without creating
too much work.

First, databases.  We'd prefer to use PostgreSQL but I've not managed to
find any code for doing this.  We can use MySQL instead.  I found a guide
at
http://loeki.tv/log/archives/81-Setting-up-Mailman-to-store-members-in-a-MySQL-database.html
which references files at
http://trac.rezo.net/trac/rezo/browser/Mailman/MySQLMemberAdaptor

Is this the best approach/patch to use?  Do people doing this use
something else?

As for the web stuff, are there things we need the web interface for or
can we do everything via the command line?  I'm thinking we probably need
the web UI for some things but don't recall exactly what.

Thanks,
Geoff.