[Mailman-Users] Encoding of the new German HTML templates

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 27 01:15:39 CEST 2012

On 6/26/2012 3:06 AM, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that the new German HTML templates added in 2.1.15 use
> raw UTF-8 encoding instead of HTML entities like the older templates.
[...]
> That causes breakage, because the archive pages themselves are encoded
> in ISO-8859-1. I'm all for moving to UTF-8 entirely, but as far as I can
> tell that hasn't happened. I've been wrong before, but I would assume
> that's a bug?

My bad. These templates were submitted by a German speaking user and I
just installed them without checking and replacing the utf-8 with HTML
entities. I will fix this and probably release a 2.1.15-1 with the changes.

Note, I only see non ascii utf8 in 5 of the files, namely:

archidxfoot.html
archidxhead.html
archtoc.html
archtocnombox.html
emptyarchive.html

I have fixed those and will commit the changes.

Thanks for the report.