[Mailman-Users] AOL redacts user addresses even with VERP and full personalization enabled

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Thu Jun 21 16:00:02 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 15:50 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Lindsay Haisley writes:
>
>  > On the lists which I administer myself I try to make the unsubscribe
>  > process very easy and transparent.  Every user who tries,
>  > unsuccessfully, to unsubscribe is sent the following clear and
>  > unambiguous message with easy-to-follow instructions:
>
> But no goats?!  Isn't that a bit risky?

No cows, either, or ducks.  This is SCIENCE, Stephen, not agronomics.

> Cf. https://bitbucket.org/xemacs/xemacs/src/b4715fcbe001/etc/InstallGuide

> Then spit into the computer's ventilation slots.  This will complete different
> circuits inside the computer, causing its motherboard and cards to function in
> ways that the engineers never intended, thereby making your system compatible
> with our libraries.

I like this part.  What engineers don't understand is that the vital
force inside all electronic devices is smoke.  All the little
jiggery-pokery whatsamadiddle parts work fine until they break open and
the smoke escapes.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The difference between a duck is because
FMP Computer Services |    one leg is both the same"