[Mailman-Users] AOL redacts user addresses even with VERP and full personalization enabled

Dave (FitEyes) dave at fiteyes.com
Wed Jun 20 02:42:14 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Russell Clemings <rclemings at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm surprised to read in this thread that the terms of service for AOL's
> feedback loop forbid us from using its reports to identify users.
>
> The page where you sign up for the FBL seems to say just the opposite (end
> of third paragraph):
>
> "We suggest using opaque identifiers for the email recipient or a custom
> remove link in the body of the email to help you identify the original
> recipient of the message."
>
> http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.FeedbackLoop.php

Way to embarrass all of us who didn't take the time to actually read the
TOS! ;-)

Now that you motivated me, I actually read the blog post too:
http://postmaster-blog.aol.com/2008/08/13/more-on-the-upcoming-feedback-loop-conversion/

It now seems pretty clear that we can use these reports in the way Lindsay
and others have proposed.

Thanks!