[Mailman-Users] AOL redacts user addresses even with VERP and full personalization enabled

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Mon Jun 18 21:32:14 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 12:05 -0700, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Uh, trust me -- you really don't want to get into the discussion of
> creating new SMTP protocol enhancements.  I was on the DRUMS WG.  You
> really, really don't want to go there.

VERP is not an SMTP protocol, but a MTA property supported by many
modern MTAs such as Courier.  It relies on the fact that MTAs which
support it treat user-somedata at example.com as an email address extension
of user at example.com.

Pardon me if I'm missing something here.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
FMP Computer Services |  to solve it." - Albert Einstein