[Mailman-Users] more questions about Yahoo feedback loop and abuse complaints

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Wed Jun 13 19:52:47 CEST 2012

David writes:

 > If she pressed the "this is SPAM/Junk"-Button 23 times today, you
 > would think she would remember doing it when we asked her today.

It could be "fat finger" syndrome: Gmail, for example, puts the Report
Spam button next the Delete Message button.  I wouldn't be surprised
if Yahoo! does the same thing.

Why 23 times and not remember?  I would guess that she marked all the
messages from your list for deletion, and missed the Delete button
just this one time.

If she says she never makes mistakes like that, *shrug*, go ahead and
believe her and write it off as gremlins.

 > For someone new to Mailman, this is confusing. But it only seems to happen
 > with Yahoo.

Well, if it seems to be specific to any of the major services, you're
stuck, because they only tell us what they want us to hear.