[Mailman-Users] Integrating mailman with customer data

David dave at fiteyes.com
Tue Jun 12 18:20:26 CEST 2012

I'm reading the following thread from 2004:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-July/037954.html. I
would like to solve a similar problem. This thread states:

You can use the mailman command-line tools to synchronize against
> external databases.  There are various people on the list who have
> described their work in doing so.  I would encourage you to search
> the archives of the mailing list.

I've been searching the archives for the last 30 minutes and I have not
come up with anything helpful. For example, I searched via Google using:

site:python.org mailman sync with external database       *(and others)*

Can anyone suggest a better way to find examples and more help for syncing
Mailman with external customer data?

One thing we would like to do is efficiently update Mailman based on any
feedback loop reports we get. We also get a lot of support requests for
Mailman subscription changes. Our members are not technical and often they
cannot unsubscribe themselves from Mailman, so we do it for them.

We need to make our process of tracking all these change requests and
updating Mailman more efficient. (We currently keep an Excel spreadsheet
that tracks all these change requests and we update Mailman manually, but
that method is *very* unsatisfactory.) Another goal is to keep a member
database that gives us some reporting capabilities (e.g., ability to track
percentage of unsubscribe requests, etc.).

Thanks