[Mailman-Users] How can I disable "no duplicates" for all members on a list?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 8 21:57:21 CEST 2012

On 6/8/2012 4:54 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> How can I disable "no duplicates" for all members on a list?

If you mean how do you set all current list members "no duplicates"
setting Off, see the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_nodups.py> (mirrored at
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/set_nodups.py>. This sets the
option On for everyone. To set it Off, change the line

        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.DontReceiveDuplicates, 1)

        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.DontReceiveDuplicates, 0)

Don't forget to also uncheck the setting in new_member_options.

If you mean how do you prevent a user from setting it back, you could
hack the options.html template(s) (see <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>) to
remove the setting. That wouldn't prevent setting it by email, but
nobody knows how to do that anyway.