[Mailman-Users] Help: how to extract a list's description using a bash or Python script (Mailman version 2.1.9)

Mehdi Mortezai mehdi.mortezai at csueastbay.edu
Fri Jun 1 22:01:41 CEST 2012

Hello All,

I am new to your the Mailman Users' group. I manage Mailman 2.1.9 (a VM
Red Hat Enterprise 5 system) for my organization but I am new to Mailman
and don't know much about Python scripting.

I need to generate a monthly report on all my mailing lists that includes
each list's name, description, admin, and members.  I have come up with a
bash script using some Python scripts for Mailman that generates most of
the reporting but could not find a script or a way to extract a list's
description.

Any hint/help for pointing out how to extract the description of any list
via a bash script will be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much for your input.

Mehdi