[Mailman-Users] Pending messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 1 04:11:43 CEST 2012

On 5/31/2012 8:29 AM, Tomislav Luetić wrote:
> Not to my knowledge, but the server itself wasn't set up by me. I got
> handed somebody else's mess.
> a couple more things that might help; permissions check out, there was
> no upgrading or moving involved, if I try to admin a message from a
> single message view I get send back to pending requests overview page.
> and wouldn't URL redirect screw up all changes I try to make? I can
> normally change settings for lists, it's just the messages that are
> misbehaving.

A redirect may or may not affect the admin as well as the admindb
interface. It depends on the specifics of the web server configuration.

You need to do two things:

1) View the source of an admindb page and note the action= URL in the
form tag. If it is a relative URL, prepend the initial portion of the
URL in the browser's address bar to get an absolute URL.

2) Look at the web server's configuration and figure out what it does to
process that URL and if it just does the POST or if it redirects or
rewrites it somehow.

Somebody else's mess or not, someone is going to have to figure out what
the web server is doing with these requests.