[Mailman-Users] Help! How to quell list address in personalised messages

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Jul 2 17:42:09 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> This is intentional and by design to facilitate people replying to the
> list even with full personalization.

Yes but for an announcement-type list you don't want this.

> If you don't want this, you need to modify
> Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py to not add the list posting address to
> Cc: or add a custom handler following CookHeaders to remove it.

Thanks very much.  I just found the same advice you wrote two years ago at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2010-April/069241.html

Lets see if I can do this without serious breakage.

Geoff.