[Mailman-Users] Modify options-login page

Michele Federle mikecesure at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:51:30 CET 2012

I've done it, but now there is a problem!!! In the options-page appears an
error:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.13
We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.

How can I hide this and show the page??

2012/1/27 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>

> If you really mean you would like an authentication failure from the
> options login page to return the list's listinfo page with an error
> message, that would be difficult to do because the listinfo page
> doesn't have a mechanism for reporting errors when invoked with an
> HTTP GET. And why would you want to take the user away from the login
> page just because of a simple typo in email address or password?

Just because I modified the html and I have both email and password inputs
for login in the listinfo page :)
So it would be better if users don't see the login form on the options-page,
it doesn't suit with the rest!!

If you just want to replace the "Authentication failed." error message
> with something more specific, you could do that, but you would have to
> modify the code to first validate the member address, because the
> existing code calls the SecurityManager WebAuthenticate() method to
> authenticate the entry and it's context (list member, list owner, site
> owner) and receives onle a True or False return.

Oh, such a shame!! And make a simple redirect in case of login-error??

Thank you !!
--
:: Michele Federle
:: Twitter: @mikecesure