[Mailman-Users] feature suggestion for digest mode ?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jan 25 03:02:14 CET 2012

Lucio Chiappetti writes:

 > I guess a quick workaround for me would be to use the To: field instead of
 > List-Id, but I wonder if a future mailman version could consider a way to
 > include the "list management keywords" in the  Message/RFC822
 > components !

This wouldn't be hard to do, I think, but an alternative would be for
the MUA to provide a way for messages from an "exploded" digest to
inherit (some) headers from the digest.  This would work even for
lists that don't provide the new feature, and might have some other
benefits (ie, for other header fields) as well.

Of course if the exploder is a separate program, it would have to
actually edit the exploded messages, but if it's integrated into the
MUA, these headers could be supplied as attributes on the (internal)
message object.