[Mailman-Users] not expanding msg_footer

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 22 05:38:38 CET 2012

Anil Jangity wrote:

>The footer for the emails that I send aren't getting expanded. The mailing list name is working, but not the other variables. Where is this pulled from?
[...]
>The list configuration shows:
>
>msg_footer = """ _______________________________________________
>Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
>Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
>%(user_optionsurl)s
>
>This email sent to %(user_address)s"""

I'm not sure what's going on.

The variables user_optionsurl and user_address are only available if
the list is personalized. If the list is not personalized, the
variable interpolation will fail and this affects all variables. I.e.
Non-digest options -> personalize must be set to Yes or Full
Personalization to use those variables. If personalize is not shown as
the second setting on Non-digest options, you need to add

OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes

to mm_cfg.py.

However, you say that %(real_name)s is correctly replaced, and that
shouldn't happen if the above is the explanation, and I have no other
explanation.