[Mailman-Users] mail message to list disappears

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 18 23:22:49 CET 2012

On 1/18/2012 1:07 PM, Peter STUMPF wrote:

> I've sent again a message to be able to trace the actions on the
> server. The only file which got touched was the config.pck, the
> config.pck.last and the request.pck. Everything else didn't receive
> an updated timestamp. the 'in', 'out' and 'virgin' do have the date
> of today, but the time is set to '8:00'.

That's strange. The time stamps of 8:00 on in, out and virgin queue
directories are probably from one or more "n moderator requests"
messages sent by cron/checkdbs at that time. Ihis would indicate the
message never reached the in queue. The updates to config.pck,
config.pck.last and request.pck may have occurred because of an admindb
web visit.

What exactly is in the exim log for messages to this list? is the
message routed and transported by the 'mailman' router and transport?