[Mailman-Users] password reminder for moderator?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Jan 12 06:05:50 CET 2012

Frank Bell writes:
 > I guess the payoff is that the software works well, is free, and
 > maintained for free.
 > Plus, we have Mr Sapiro who nicely answers our questions for free.
 >
 > Thanks Mark!!

I'll certainly second this!

 > Sorry, the response just bugged me.

I understand your irritation[1], but please remember that even if a
person's English seems impeccable, the .fr (etc) indicates that it is
probably his second (or third) language.  Courteous forms differ in
different languages, and they're quite hard to learn (try Japanese if
you're into pain!)  After all, he did try to soften it with a
reference to "newbie question".

Footnotes:
[1]  Sorry, Gerard, I can't explain. :-(  Maybe better phrasing would
be "It seems to me this case is very common.  Would it be helpful to
have an option?"

I also just realized that it's technically not possible to
auto-subscribe moderators in Mailman 2, because moderators are
identified not by their email address, but by possession of the
moderator password.  So Mailman doesn't know who to subscribe!