[Mailman-Users] Sender Filters

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 4 18:37:05 CET 2012

Con Wieland wrote:

>I have a list set with the "List of non-member addresses whose postings will be immediately held for moderation" set up using regular expressions.
>
>^.*@.*\.uc.*\.edu$
>^.*@uc.*\.edu$
>^.*@.*\.berkeley\.edu$
>^.*@berkeley\.edu$
>^.*@.*\.lbl\.gov$
>^.*@lbl\.gov$
>^.*@.*\.llnl\.gov$
>^.*@llnl\.gov$
>
>The other day the following message got thru:

[...]
>> From: Badoo <noreply at badoo.com>
>> To: "uccsc at uci.edu" <uccsc at uci.edu>
>> Sender: "uccsc-bounces at uci.edu" <uccsc-bounces at uci.edu>
[...]
[...]
>and:
>
>"Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is defined." is set to discard.
>
>The logs don't seem to help. Any ideas?

Is indyguide at gmail.com a list member?

If this is a default Mailman installation in this respect, a post is
considered to be from a member if any of the From:, Sender: or
a member. The above doesn't show the envelope sender (aka Unix From)
address and the Sender: has been munged by the list. You can see the
original values of these by looking at the message in the
archives/private/uccsc.mbox/uccsc.mbox file.