[Mailman-Users] No archive

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 24 08:18:07 CET 2012

Peter wrote:

>I did upgrade from Debian5 to 6 and running mailman version 2.1.13
>I have postfix running with aliases in mysql.
>I move the aliases tabel to the new server
>To move the list to the new server did the next steps:
>newlist ping, give the needed info, add the members.
>
>Then I import the old mbox files and create the archive with:
> bin/arch ping archives/private/ping.mbox/ping.mbox
>
>So far so good.
>I can send and receive  email to and receive them from the list.
>I see the old archive, BUT there are no new emails archieved anymore

Have you checked whether ArchRunner is running and looked at Mailman's
error log?

You could see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/ZoCj> for some hints.
Also, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD>.

>Has this a relation with the no archiving at the moment?

No. It is not related. Aliases and other Postfix configuration mostly
has to do with delivery of incoming mail to Mailman. It can also have
an effect on outgoing mail from Mailman, but this generally at least
works if Postfix is working at all.