[Mailman-Users] can I use a mailman list address as a (qmail)sender address?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Feb 13 06:55:08 CET 2012

Geoff Shang writes:
 > On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 >
 > > Yup.  But he explained this.  The list is the public face of a
 > > committee, and at least some outgoing mail should appear to be from
 > > the committee.
 >
 > Couldn't this be done by sending from an existing account and spoofing the
 > >From line?

Sure.  The question is whether the committee members can reasonably
asked to do that.  A lot of software doesn't make that easy; it might
be easier to log in to a common account and send from there.

As I implied earlier, I don't really think this is a good idea, but
without more information from the OP, it's hard to recommend something
better.